VoIP is Voice-over Internet Protocol, which is a set of rules to enable two telephones communicate with each other through the internet, instead of the regular telephone cables. It is a continuous two way communication where people can interact with each other simultaneously. The VoIP is very cheap option for making international calls and therefore you would need it to connect with your international business counterparts and friends and relatives living abroad. Read more to enable you to understand the features of VoIP facilities.
• Cheapest option: When it comes to international calling, VoIP is considered to be the cheapest option. There are only internet charges applicable and not the international calling charges.
• Why pay for being silent! When we speak, there will be pauses between our sentences and we will remain silent when other person speaks. In normal telephone connection, these silent moments are also charged as meaningful communication is not differentiated. In VoIP calls, charges are applied only for the voice bits transferred in form of packets. The silences are left alone.
• Portability: There are cordless phones that are available for the internet phones, which ensure that the person need not be glued to the phone station throughout the conversation.
• Call back and caller ID: These are vital features to know who is calling you and to avoid unnecessary introduction and conclusions. Moreover, call back is a wonderful option to ensure you return the calls of your potential customers and your kith and kin.
• Conferencing, Forwarding and voice mail: These are the value added services that the voip phones provide for enhanced calling experience.
• Do not disturb: These are very important to avoid unnecessary callers while you are in the middle of important business meetings and over-the-phone family conferences.